Children don’t come with directions, yet no formal structure exists to help individuals with the challenging job of caring for children. As part of the Family and Consumer Sciences Department of CCE-OC, we are committed to helping families succeed by providing current research based educational programs and resources to parents and those who care for children.
The goal of the Parenting and Family Life program is to help others:
• Gain an understanding of human development through the lifespan
• Increase confidence in their roles as parents and caregivers
• Improve communication skills within the family
• Decrease feelings of isolation
• Enhance parent/child/family interaction
• Enjoy their children and family members
• Learn new practical skills to help with everyday caregiving issues
Why is our program special?
Due to our relationship with Cornell University, we provide the most current research based information and resources to address cutting edge parenting and family life issues. Our collaboration with local, state and federal agencies allows us to bring these programs to the general public at minimal or no cost – scholarships are available. Our Consumer Helpline is available to help answer questions or make referrals.
Where can you find our programs?
Our collaboration with local, state and federal agencies allows us to offer programs to the general public at minimal or no cost – scholarships are available. We serve the entire county, and do our best to hold programs at various locations and times throughout the year. If you would like to attend or sponsor a program and need further information, please click on the “buttons” below, or feel free to contact us at 845-344-1234.
Last updated July 15, 2020