Sheep and goats can provide meat, fiber, and friends! Whether you are interested in starting a 4-H project, would like to clear some brush from your backyard, or would like to start selling fiber, meat, or stock, this class will cover all the basics to get your operation off the ground.
CCE Livestock Educator, Jason Detzel will teach an overview of:
• Housing, feeding, and watering needs
• Best practices for goat health and management
• Weather and predator concerns
• Biosecurity and parasite control
• Marketing your animals
• General rules and regulations for keeping goats
Registration closes April 6, 2021.
Parasites are the most important limiting factor in small ruminant flocks. Learn how to monitor, treat and prevent parasites in your flock in this online class! Click here to visit the event page.
This event is online
Last updated March 2, 2021